Enrolment at John Warby Public School Preschool
To be eligible to attend Preschool children must turn four (4) years of age by 31st July in the year of enrolment.
John Warby Public School Preschool follows the Department of Education guidelines in terms of priority. Priority is given to:
· Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children
· children living in low socio-economic circumstances
· children who are unable to access other early childhood settings due to financial hardship.
The Principal of the school will offer enrolment in the following order:
· children living within the school's catchment area
· children living outside the catchment area but have siblings at the school
The Public Health Act requires preschools to obtain documents from parents that show the child:
· is fully vaccinated for their age, or has a medical reason not to be vaccinated, or
· is on a recognised catch-up schedule if their child has fallen behind with their vaccinations.
An up to date Immunisation History Statement from Medicare is required for all children. An immunisation reminder letter will be sent to families when their child/ren turn 4 years old.